Hey everyone! It's lovely ol' me again. With more randomness.....
So the past week, I've been psuedo-living in my sister & brother-in-laws place while they enjoyed the beautiful Florida weather and Disney magic (note loads of sarcasm -- I'm totally jealous). And while there, I came to this realization:
That apartment is haunted! LOL. No seriously. My friends can attest that things like ghosts and the dark and monsters don't scare me. Granted I'm almost 29, but they never did. I remember watching all the Poltergiest movies with my dad when I was 5 and laughing. And it's not like being in a strange place gives me the heebeejeebees. I've slept in the middle of the woods in a two man tent and not been scared.
So what happened? Well...here's the story: I was just dozing off in the bed with both doors closed (they have a door that leads to the living room and one that goes into the bathroom (which also has a door to the hallway). All of a sudden, I thought I heard one of the doors creek open. (For those of you not familiar with the apartment, a little background. The house is a raised ranch style building that was converted into four apartments. Three are 2 bedroom and then Rich & Amanda's is a one-bedroom above the three car garage. Their entrance is seperate from everyone else's) I had my back to the door to the living room, so I lazily looked over my shoulder and ensured that the door was still closed. It was, so I resumed my dozing. Shortly thereafter, I thought I heard what sounded like someone walking around in the living room area. I kind of pushed that thought aside since that's also where the rabbits' cages are located. I figured they were a little restless and just moving about. I dozed off again, yet still semi-consious. That's when I swear somene put their hands on the bed and began to shake the bed up and down -- kinda like when a kid jumps on the bed.
I'm dead serious people. The bed was shaking. I immedately shot up in bed and looked around. Both doors were still closed and there was no one in the room with me...and no other sounds. Not even the rabbits were moving about. Totally freaked beyond belief, I pulled the covers up around me and began to pray. As I started mumbling my Our Fathers and Hail Marys, goosebumps were forming on my arms and legs and the hair on my neck was standing at full attention. I literally was contemplating throwing my shit in my car and heading home to let the rabbits fend for themselves.
I have NEVER been so scared in my life. Even now, just talking about it gives me the creeps. Yeesh.
Oh well, until my next fun adventure! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment