Friday, November 14, 2008

How I lost the weight and kept it off!

Another great blog from me! :) I know you're too excited.

After the whole fiasco with my bridesmaid dress for my sister and getting remeasured and refitted at least 5 times, I was leary to set foot on a scale again.

Granted I was ecstatic that I had lost like 45 lbs since March, but I was more afraid that I had gained any of that weight back...because I was happy with the new me.

Yesterday though, I sucked it up and stepped on the scale at my mom & dad's. And my jaw hit the floor.

I lost more weight. I'm down 50 lbs altogether.

So what did I do? Well...nothing. No really. Here's what went down over the past few months:

1. I got another job, a retail job. It requires me to be on my feet, moving and lifting things. I'm active for Christ sakes! This is great, because I hate normal exercise.

2. Since getting that job, I've stopped snacking for the most part. I mean, I'm not sitting at home gorging myself on chips, cookies, pudding and what not while I lay across my bed surfing the internet.

3. I think because of all this recent activity, my metabolism has changed drastically. I eat like there's no tomorrow when it is time to eat. Granted, not as much as I would have stuffed into my face prior to March, but still plenty. Yet, I haven't gained much, if any additional weight. Plus, it's not always the healthiest of foods....

4. I've had awesome support from friends and family! :) They rock, period.

So now, I'm 5 lbs away from reaching my goal I had set back in March and I'm truly excited. I haven't set any goals for the next year -- mostly because I want to acheive the one I have first, and I know it may not be as much as I lost this year...but here's hoping! :)

No comments: